Welcome to The Weekly Postcard Travel Blog Link-up!
Just like the postman once delivered updates from friends and family traveling around the world, The Weekly Postcard delivers posts from travel bloggers all over the globe every week!
A Brief Introduction
Welcome to The Weekly Postcard travel blog link-up! If you’re joining us for the first time, here’s what you can expect – besides a heaping helping of travel goodness!
- The highlight of every week is the new edition of The Weekly Postcard, and all of the great travel blogs that link up with us every week. There are usually a couple dozen posts that range from reviews of sites and hotels, to travel tips, to bucket list trips. We never know exactly what we’ll find, but it’s always fun!
- We keep a Pinterest Board of all of the recent posts that included a Pin. You can read more about it below.
- In the Favorites section, we like to feature a few blog posts from the last edition of The Weekly Postcard. Sometimes they fit a theme, but most often they are posts that were really popular, or that we really enjoyed.
- We do have a section devoted to travel bloggers who would like to participate in The Weekly Postcard. If that’s you, head to How to Join & FAQ.
- And finally, you can see all of this year’s Weekly Postcards here at TravelLatte, complete with the link-ups for each week. It’s a great travel archive!
Thanks for joining us. Enjoy The Weekly Postcard Travel Blog Link-up!
Let’s Get this Party Started!
Highlights from The Weekly Postcard
Normally in this space, we give a shout out to some of our favorite blog posts in the last edition of the Weekly Postcard. Since we are traveling this week and next, we decided to shake things up just a bit, and give a visual shout out to all of the bloggers who included a Pin in their post!
Every week, we add all of those Pins to our Pinterest Board for The Weekly Postcard. You can come back here any time to peruse the posts. It’s a great resource if you have a trip coming up, or are looking for inspiration.
If you see something you like, Pin it! See something you missed? Click on the Pin to read the post. We keep this archive for you, so feel free to use it!
See The Weekly Postcard on Pinterest!
How Does It Work?
There’s a new batch of blogs ready for reading every Friday afternoon. You can find them on TravelLatte, and at our co-hosts: Travel Notes and Beyond, Toddlers on Tour, Two Traveling Texans, and California Globetrotter.
Each one of us will have links to all of that week’s featured blogs. Find a few that look interesting, and click to read – it’s really that simple! Don’t forget to leave a comment – bloggers love comments, and that’s how we build a community of like-minded travel lovers! Feel free to share with your friends on Social Media, too. You can Pin, Tweet, or share on Facebook right from the thumbnails, or from each post you click on. I know all of the bloggers truly appreciate it when you read and share.
What if I have a blog, too?
Then join the fun! Participating in #TheWeeklyPostcard is a great way to reach new readers, and build your comments and social shares. Plus, you get to know some of your fellow travel bloggers, network, and learn about tons of destinations, travel tips, and more.
Housekeeping Rules for Bloggers
- Can I use an older blog post?
- Sure! #TheWeeklyPostcard is a great way to show off a new post, but also to show an older piece some love.
- Does it have to be travel related?
- Well, it is about travel, so yeah. Show off your favorite destination. Teach us how to take a train or save money on airfare. Tell us your favorite travel tips. You get the idea! Posts that are not travel related may be removed.
- Where do I get that snazzy badge for #TheWeeklyPostcard?
- We know, it’s cool! And it’s easy: Just copy the badge html code (from the gray box on the page where you add your link) into your editing program. You can add it to the bottom of your page or in a sidebar.
- Uhm, that code thing isn’t working for me.
- No worries. If you have issues adding the code, add the badge as a picture and include text saying that you have linked up with #TheWeeklyPostcard, along with a link back to one of the co-host’s blogs.
- Do I have to add the badge?
- You want people to know you’re part of the cool crowd, right? The badge helps get the word out and identify community members. Having the badge on your sight lets readers know you’re part of an established, respected community of travel experts. Plus, posts without a badge will be removed.
- When can I add my post?
- #TheWeeklyPostcard opens each Friday at 12n Pacific / 3pm Eastern, and closes on Sunday at 3pm Pacific / 6pm Eastern.
- Anything else?
- You can help spread the word by using the hashtag (#TheWeeklyPostcard) in your tweets. We will like and re-tweet your Tweets when we see the hashtag, and encourage everyone to do the same.
Helpful Hints for Bloggers
- Be sure to include a nice, tall portrait-orientation Pin so everyone can add you to their Pinterest boards! Here at TravelLatte, we’ll use that to add you to our board for #TheWeeklyPostcard, and may feature you on next week’s roundup!
- When you do make a Pin for your post, be sure to give it a name that includes the post title, blog name, and keywords. That will help your Pin (and post) travel farther.
- Not up with the Pinterest? No worries, but do try to include at least one portrait orientation image that people can use if they’d like to Pin your post.
- Be sure your posts have your Social Media channels, so readers can find and follow you right from The Weekly Postcard linkup!