Welcome to The Weekly Postcard Travel Blog Link-up!
Just like the postman once delivered updates from friends and family traveling around the world, The Weekly Postcard delivers posts from travel bloggers all over the globe every week!
A Brief Introduction
This weekend, our calendar flips from November to December, which can only mean one thing: We’re in the middle of…
Christmas Market Season!
We’re sticking with our theme from last week, because we just adore Christmas Markets! We just love strolling among the shops, the scent of cider and Gluhwein mingling with evergreens, while Jack Frost gives you reason to cuddle even closer. It truly is among our favorite times of year! We’re celebrating with a pair of posts on the topic, with more winter-themed posts from the latest edition of The Weekly Postcard highlighted below. We hope they help make your holidays bright!
Don’t forget to scroll down to check out this week’s edition of The Weekly Postcard!
On with the Weekly Postcard!
Highlights from The Weekly Postcard
We’re in the middle of winter and the holidays now! We loved these posts that really celebrate the season, and we bet you will too! Three of our favorite The Weekly Postcard bloggers take us to truly magical winter destinations:
Our co-host Anda at Travel Notes & Beyond gathered several of her favorite travel bloggers to put together the Best European Cities to Visit in December. We love all of the suggestions! We’ve never had the chance to visit Europe in winter, but when we do, we’re taking this list with us.
To be fair, the Cotswolds are one of the most inviting and charming areas to visit any time of year. But Keri at Ladies What Travel had the brilliant idea of letting us know What to Do in the Cotswolds in Winter! Spoiler Alert: taking in that Cotswald charm dressed up in winter lights tops the list, with a castle tossed in for good measure! We’re ready to go right now…how about you?
Heading south is not usually the direction for fantastic winter activities, unless you’re looking for a warm up. But in the Netherlands, Your Dutch Guide found lots of fun by heading south for Winter in Maastricht! It sounds delightful, and looks wonderful!
As crazy as it sounds, we love New York in the winter! While we can do without blizzards and near-arctic temps, so many American holiday traditions come from, or can be found, in the Big Apple! So we rounded up about a half dozen things you can do for a Fun & Free Christmas in New York! Plus, we added an update for the 2018 holiday season that you won’t want to miss.
See The Weekly Postcard on Pinterest!
If you see something you like, Pin it! See something you missed? Click on the Pin to read the post. We keep this archive for you, so feel free to use it!
How Does The Weekly Postcard Work?
There’s a new batch of blogs ready for reading every Friday afternoon. You can find them on TravelLatte, and at our co-hosts: Travel Notes and Beyond, Toddlers on Tour, Two Traveling Texans, and California Globetrotter.
Each one of us will have links to all of that week’s featured blogs. Find a few that look interesting, and click to read – it’s really that simple! Don’t forget to leave a comment – bloggers love comments, and that’s how we build a community of like-minded travel lovers! Feel free to share with your friends on Social Media, too. You can Pin, Tweet, or share on Facebook right from the thumbnails, or from each post you click on. I know all of the bloggers truly appreciate it when you read and share.
What if I have a blog, too?
Then join the fun! Participating in #TheWeeklyPostcard is a great way to reach new readers, and build your comments and social shares. Plus, you get to know some of your fellow travel bloggers, network, and learn about tons of destinations, travel tips, and more.
Housekeeping Rules for Bloggers
- Can I use an older blog post?
- Sure! #TheWeeklyPostcard is a great way to show off a new post, but also to show an older piece some love.
- Does it have to be travel related?
- Well, it is about travel, so yeah. Show off your favorite destination. Teach us how to take a train or save money on airfare. Tell us your favorite travel tips. You get the idea! Posts that are not travel related may be removed.
- Where do I get that snazzy badge for #TheWeeklyPostcard?
- We know, it’s cool! And it’s easy: Just copy the badge html code (from the gray box on the page where you add your link) into your editing program. You can add it to the bottom of your page or in a sidebar.
- Uhm, that code thing isn’t working for me.
- No worries. If you have issues adding the code, add the badge as a picture and include text saying that you have linked up with #TheWeeklyPostcard, along with a link back to one of the co-host’s blogs.
- Do I have to add the badge?
- You want people to know you’re part of the cool crowd, right? The badge helps get the word out and identify community members. Having the badge on your sight lets readers know you’re part of an established, respected community of travel experts. Plus, posts without a badge will be removed.
- When can I add my post?
- #TheWeeklyPostcard opens each Friday at 12n Pacific / 3pm Eastern, and closes on Sunday at 3pm Pacific / 6pm Eastern.
- Anything else?
- You can help spread the word by using the hashtag (#TheWeeklyPostcard) in your tweets. We will like and re-tweet your Tweets when we see the hashtag, and encourage everyone to do the same.
Helpful Hints for Bloggers
- Be sure to include a nice, tall portrait-orientation Pin so everyone can add you to their Pinterest boards! Here at TravelLatte, we’ll use that to add you to our board for #TheWeeklyPostcard, and may feature you on next week’s roundup!
- When you do make a Pin for your post, be sure to give it a name that includes the post title, blog name, and keywords. That will help your Pin (and post) travel farther.
- Not up with the Pinterest? No worries, but do try to include at least one portrait orientation image that people can use if they’d like to Pin your post.
- Be sure your posts have your Social Media channels, so readers can find and follow you right from The Weekly Postcard linkup!