Welcome to The Weekly Postcard Travel Blog Link-up!
Just like the postman once delivered updates from friends and family traveling around the world, The Weekly Postcard delivers posts from travel bloggers all over the globe every week!
A Brief Introduction
Do you enjoy December as much as we do? Crisp days, hot chocolate, beautifully decorated homes twinkling with lights…we just love it!
Since late November (American Thanksgiving, to be exact), we’ve been focusing on holiday season-themed posts that are featured each week in The Weekly Postcard. Don’t get us wrong; there are plenty of other topics and great posts that our fellow travel bloggers contribute! You can use the links above, or just scroll down, to see this week’s posts, and our Pinterest board with lots of previous week’s posts. But our favorites, this time of year, are all about winter and the holidays as we…
Celebrate the Days of December!
On with the Weekly Postcard!
Highlights from The Weekly Postcard
We’re in the middle of winter and the holidays now! We loved these posts that really celebrate the season, and we bet you will too! Three of our favorite The Weekly Postcard bloggers take us to truly magical winter destinations:
Our co-host Anisa of Two Traveling Texans is starting a new holiday tradition in her new home of England: Visiting the Bury St. Edmunds Christmas Market in Suffolk! You know we love a Christmas Market, so we were eager to go with her (virtually, unfortunately). Charming, yes, but also yummy! (Mulled wine and mince pies – yes please!) We know you’ll love it, too.
Staying in England for a moment, let’s go somewhere you don’t normally go at night, or in December: the zoo! Catherine’s Cultural Wednesdays takes us along for the London Zoo Christmas Lights. We’ve visited our local zoos for Christmas lights, but London has some really unique displays!
And finally, Sara at Journey of Doing enjoyed Experiencing the Bratislava Christmas Markets. For some reason, Slovakia doesn’t come to mind when we think of European Christmas Markets. That has changed now, and we can’t wait to follow in Sara’s footsteps!
See The Weekly Postcard on Pinterest!
If you see something you like, Pin it! See something you missed? Click on the Pin to read the post. We keep this archive for you, so feel free to use it!
How Does The Weekly Postcard Work?
There’s a new batch of blogs ready for reading every Friday afternoon. You can find them on TravelLatte, and at our co-hosts: Travel Notes and Beyond, Toddlers on Tour, Two Traveling Texans, and California Globetrotter.
Each one of us will have links to all of that week’s featured blogs. Find a few that look interesting, and click to read – it’s really that simple! Don’t forget to leave a comment – bloggers love comments, and that’s how we build a community of like-minded travel lovers! Feel free to share with your friends on Social Media, too. You can Pin, Tweet, or share on Facebook right from the thumbnails, or from each post you click on. I know all of the bloggers truly appreciate it when you read and share.
What if I have a blog, too?
Then join the fun! Participating in #TheWeeklyPostcard is a great way to reach new readers, and build your comments and social shares. Plus, you get to know some of your fellow travel bloggers, network, and learn about tons of destinations, travel tips, and more.
Housekeeping Rules for Bloggers
- Can I use an older blog post?
- Sure! #TheWeeklyPostcard is a great way to show off a new post, but also to show an older piece some love.
- Does it have to be travel related?
- Well, it is about travel, so yeah. Show off your favorite destination. Teach us how to take a train or save money on airfare. Tell us your favorite travel tips. You get the idea! Posts that are not travel related may be removed.
- Where do I get that snazzy badge for #TheWeeklyPostcard?
- We know, it’s cool! And it’s easy: Just copy the badge html code (from the gray box on the page where you add your link) into your editing program. You can add it to the bottom of your page or in a sidebar.
- Uhm, that code thing isn’t working for me.
- No worries. If you have issues adding the code, add the badge as a picture and include text saying that you have linked up with #TheWeeklyPostcard, along with a link back to one of the co-host’s blogs.
- Do I have to add the badge?
- You want people to know you’re part of the cool crowd, right? The badge helps get the word out and identify community members. Having the badge on your sight lets readers know you’re part of an established, respected community of travel experts. Plus, posts without a badge will be removed.
- When can I add my post?
- #TheWeeklyPostcard opens each Friday at 12n Pacific / 3pm Eastern, and closes on Sunday at 3pm Pacific / 6pm Eastern.
- Anything else?
- You can help spread the word by using the hashtag (#TheWeeklyPostcard) in your tweets. We will like and re-tweet your Tweets when we see the hashtag, and encourage everyone to do the same.
Helpful Hints for Bloggers
- Be sure to include a nice, tall portrait-orientation Pin so everyone can add you to their Pinterest boards! Here at TravelLatte, we’ll use that to add you to our board for #TheWeeklyPostcard, and may feature you on next week’s roundup!
- When you do make a Pin for your post, be sure to give it a name that includes the post title, blog name, and keywords. That will help your Pin (and post) travel farther.
- Not up with the Pinterest? No worries, but do try to include at least one portrait orientation image that people can use if they’d like to Pin your post.
- Be sure your posts have your Social Media channels, so readers can find and follow you right from The Weekly Postcard linkup!