Welcome to #TheWeeklyPostcard!
Just like the postman once delivered updates from friends and family traveling around the world, we’re delivering weekly posts from travel bloggers all over the globe!
A Brief Introduction
Welcome to the second delivery of The Weekly Postcard for 2018! Like much of the United States, we’ve been bouncing in and out of the deep freeze since the holidays. We even saw a few snow flurries – a rarity at our North Texas home base. We normally have to travel for weather like this. Instead, we’re writing by the fire while winds swirl leaves around our porch and the mercury is stuck well below freezing. We’re expecting to see polar bears any minute now.
Meanwhile, we’ve had a fantastic bunch of travel blogs to stoke our wanderlust this past week! You can catch up with many of them on our Pinterest board (below). Before we dive into the new entries, here are some of our favorites from last week.
A Few of our Faves
- A few things we love, here at TravelLatte: Sun. Sea. Sand. Santa Cruz, California. And, of course, coffee. You’ll find four out of five of those (plus wine!) at Bright Lights of America in the post Sun, Sand and Sea: A Santa Cruz Weekend! If you’ve been before, you’ll enjoy the trip down memory lane. And if you haven’t, there are great suggestions for your itinerary!
- Vienna is such a historic and beautiful destination, and Ruth at Tanama Tales took our breath away with The Best Day Trips from Vienna. We’ve Pinned this one because we definitely want to take every one of her suggested trips! We loved the scenery, the beautiful Abbeys, and the gorgeous towns around Vienna. We’re ready to go – are you ready to join us?
- A few more things we love: books and bookstores, beautiful buildings, and a good cup of coffee. Your Dutch Guide mixed all of those together in Amazing Bookstores in the Netherlands! We love this post, and have made notes of several places we want to visit. For hours. With a cup of coffee and a stack of books. #heaven!
If you have a favorite from last week – or even this week – be sure to share it on Social Media, and let us know in the comments.
Let’s Get this Party Started!
See The Weekly Postcard on Pinterest!
If you have a favorite from last week – or this week – be sure to share it on Social Media, and let us know in the comments.
How Does It Work?
There’s a new batch of blogs ready for reading every Friday afternoon. You can find them on TravelLatte, and at our co-hosts: Travel Notes and Beyond, Toddlers on Tour, Two Traveling Texans, and California Globetrotter.
Each one of us will have links to all of that week’s featured blogs. Find a few that look interesting, and click to read – it’s really that simple! Don’t forget to leave a comment – bloggers love comments, and that’s how we build a community of like-minded travel lovers! Feel free to share with your friends on Social Media, too. You can Pin, Tweet, or share on Facebook right from the thumbnails, or from each post you click on. I know all of the bloggers truly appreciate it when you read and share.
What if I have a blog, too?
Then join the fun! Participating in #TheWeeklyPostcard is a great way to reach new readers, and build your comments and social shares. Plus, you get to know some of your fellow travel bloggers, network, and learn about tons of destinations, travel tips, and more.
Housekeeping Rules for Bloggers
- Can I use an older blog post?
- Sure! #TheWeeklyPostcard is a great way to show off a new post, but also to show an older piece some love.
- Does it have to be travel related?
- Well, it is about travel, so yeah. Show off your favorite destination. Teach us how to take a train or save money on airfare. Tell us your favorite travel tips. You get the idea! Posts that are not travel related may be removed.
- Where do I get that snazzy badge for #TheWeeklyPostcard?
- We know, it’s cool! And it’s easy: Just copy the badge html code (from the gray box on the page where you add your link) into your editing program. You can add it to the bottom of your page or in a sidebar.
- Uhm, that code thing isn’t working for me.
- No worries. If you have issues adding the code, add the badge as a picture and include text saying that you have linked up with #TheWeeklyPostcard, along with a link back to one of the co-host’s blogs.
- Do I have to add the badge?
- You want people to know you’re part of the cool crowd, right? The badge helps get the word out and identify community members. Having the badge on your sight lets readers know you’re part of an established, respected community of travel experts. Plus, posts without a badge will be removed.
- When can I add my post?
- #TheWeeklyPostcard opens each Friday at 12n Pacific / 3pm Eastern, and closes on Sunday at 3pm Pacific / 6pm Eastern.
- Anything else?
- You can help spread the word by using the hashtag (#TheWeeklyPostcard) in your tweets. We will like and re-tweet your Tweets when we see the hashtag, and encourage everyone to do the same.
Helpful Hints for Bloggers
- Be sure to include a nice, tall portrait-orientation Pin so everyone can add you to their Pinterest boards! Here at TravelLatte, we’ll use that to add you to our board for #TheWeeklyPostcard, and may feature you on next week’s roundup!
- When you do make a Pin for your post, be sure to give it a name that includes the post title, blog name, and keywords. That will help your Pin (and post) travel farther.
- Not up with the Pinterest? No worries, but do try to include at least one portrait orientation image that people can use if they’d like to Pin your post.
- Be sure your posts have your Social Media channels, so readers can find and follow you right from The Weekly Postcard linkup!