Welcome to #TheWeeklyPostcard!
We are going out on a limb here and guessing that you love to travel, just like we do. For us, the next best thing is reading about travel! We get inspiration for trips, discover new destinations, and learn all sorts of great tips from travel bloggers all around the world. That’s why we are excited to co-host #TheWeeklyPostcard, a “Link Up” that’s all about travel featuring some of the best bloggers on the planet!
If you’re new to blog link-ups, or want more info about participating with your blog, scroll towards the bottom for details. But first, we wanted to share our post from last week, and a few or our favorites, in case you missed them!
As always, there were a lot of really great travel stories and destinations to learn about in The Weekly Postcard last week. The travel bloggers who contributed covered everything from travel tips to “off the beaten path” destinations to the feeling of “home”. Here are our personal picks for the top three:
- One of our favorite posts last week was Tanama Tales about the real-life fairy tale scenery in Southern Bavaria, and How to Make the Most of a Day Trip to Neuschwansten. We weren’t alone – of all the posts shared on The Weekly Postcard last week, this one drew the most comments! Congratulations, Ruth!
- Speaking of fairy tale scenery, you’ll find a lot of that among the 15 Things to Do in Bergen, Norway from The World is a Book. We’ve never been to Norway, so we were excited to read more about the beautiful city of Bergen.
- Wrapping up our favorites this week is something you might only expect to see in a fairy tale: A cavern that glows with the light of a thousand Glow Worms! No fairy tales here, just some amazing nature and hints on How to Visit the Waitomo Glow Worm Caves in New Zealand from The Painted Globe.
As much as we liked those posts, there were almost two dozen more in the collection! You can find them on the Pinterest board below, or at The Weekly Postcard on TravelLatte.
If you have a favorite from last week – or this week – be sure to share it on Social Media, and let us know in the comments.
Let’s Get this Party Started!
How Does It Work?
There’s a new batch of blogs ready for reading every Friday afternoon. You can find them on TravelLatte, and at our co-hosts: Travel Notes and Beyond, Toddlers on Tour, Two Traveling Texans, and California Globetrotter.
Each one of us will have links to all of that week’s featured blogs. Find a few that look interesting, and click to read – it’s really that simple! Don’t forget to leave a comment – bloggers love comments, and that’s how we build a community of like-minded travel lovers! Feel free to share with your friends on Social Media, too. You can Pin, Tweet, or share on Facebook right from the thumbnails, or from each post you click on. I know all of the bloggers truly appreciate it when you read and share.
What if I have a blog, too?
Then join the fun! Participating in #TheWeeklyPostcard is a great way to reach new readers, and build your comments and social shares. Plus, you get to know some of your fellow travel bloggers, network, and learn about tons of destinations, travel tips, and more.
Housekeeping Rules for Bloggers
- Can I use an older blog post?
- Sure! #TheWeeklyPostcard is a great way to show off a new post, but also to show an older piece some love.
- Does it have to be travel related?
- Well, it is about travel, so yeah. Show off your favorite destination. Teach us how to take a train or save money on airfare. Tell us your favorite travel tips. You get the idea! Posts that are not travel related may be removed.
- Where do I get that snazzy badge for #TheWeeklyPostcard?
- We know, it’s cool! And it’s easy: Just copy the badge html code (from the gray box on the page where you add your link) into your editing program. You can add it to the bottom of your page or in a sidebar.
- Uhm, that code thing isn’t working for me.
- No worries. If you have issues adding the code, add the badge as a picture and then include text saying that you have linked your post up with #TheWeeklyPostcard, along with a link back to one of the co-host’s blogs.
- Do I have to add the badge?
- You want people to know you’re part of the cool crowd, right? The badge helps get the word out and identify community members. Having the badge on your sight lets readers know you’re part of an established, respected community of travel experts. Plus, posts without a badge will be removed.
- When can I add my post?
- #TheWeeklyPostcard opens each Friday at 12 noon Pacific / 3pm Eastern, and closes on Sunday at 3pm Pacific / 6pm Eastern.
- When can I comment?
- Whenever you’d like! #TheWeeklyPostcard works best when you comment and share on posts before the next link-up opens. That gives you up to a week, but feel free to add comments and Tweet your favorites anytime. We do ask that you comment on at least three other blogs.
- Anything else?
- You can help spread the word about #TheWeeklyPostcard by tweeting when you share a post, using the hashtag #TheWeeklyPostcard! We will like and re-tweet your Tweets when we see the hashtag, and encourage everyone to do the same.
Helpful Hints for Bloggers
- Be sure to include a nice, tall portrait-orientation Pin so everyone can add you to their Pinterest boards! Here at TravelLatte, we’ll use that to add you to our board for #TheWeeklyPostcard, and may feature you on next week’s roundup!
- When you do make a Pin for your post, be sure to give it a name that includes the post title, blog name, and keywords. That will help your Pin (and post) travel farther.
- Not up with the Pinterest? No worries, but do try to include at least one portrait orientation image that people can use if they’d like to Pin your post.
- Be sure your posts have your Social Media channels, so readers can find and follow you right from The Weekly Postcard linkup!