Welcome to #TheWeeklyPostcard!
Just like the postman once delivered updates from friends and family traveling around the world, we’re delivering weekly posts from travel bloggers all over the globe!
A Brief Introduction
We really enjoy reading travel blogs. They stoke our wanderlust, for sure, and give us great details about places we’d love to visit. Sometimes, they give us a different view of places we’ve already been to. And often, we learn new tricks, tips and hacks to help along the way.
This week, we’re highlighting one blog post from The Weekly Postcard that does each of those things: One about someplace we dream of visiting, but haven’t yet. Another about someplace we visit frequently, and appreciated someone else’s POV. And finally, one that we hope will revolutionize our travel selfies…because we’re really bad with a selfie stick. (Sigh…it’s sad but true.)
Let’s Get this Party Started!
Highlights from The Weekly Postcard
This week, we’re going with a theme in the highlights from the last edition of The Weekly Postcard! Let’s see if you can guess what it is.
- In a sad but almost funny way, every year we put Santorini on our Travel To Do list. It’s a must, we know! But somehow, at the end of every year, Santorini still hasn’t been visited by the Travel Latte crew. (We told you it was sad!) Mary and her family at The World is a Book didn’t put it off, and were nice enough to share their experience Spending a Day in Santorini, Greece. If the sun drenched island isn’t a Must Do for you yet, it might be after you read this.
- Our own Rob went to school at Arizona (and is annoyingly Blue & Red to this day), where Spring Break usually meant a trip to Cabo San Lucas. If you’ve met Rob, you know that was a while ago. So he was really happy to relive glory days with A Cabo San Lucas Beach Vacation Itinerary posted on Trip Wellness. See if those beach scenes don’t make you stop and daydream!
- If there is one skill we really need to improve, it’s photography. Pictures of ourselves, in particular, because we have lots of photos from our travels…without us in them. We see you nodding in a silent, “Me too.” If you haven’t already, head over to Independent Travel Cats and read Laurence and Jessica’s post on Travel Photography, 6 Ways to Take Great Couple Photos While Traveling. We expect it will up our photo game considerably! I mean, just look at their Awwwww-some moment:
- Can I use an older blog post?
- Sure! #TheWeeklyPostcard is a great way to show off a new post, but also to show an older piece some love.
- Does it have to be travel related?
- Well, it is about travel, so yeah. Show off your favorite destination. Teach us how to take a train or save money on airfare. Tell us your favorite travel tips. You get the idea! Posts that are not travel related may be removed.
- Where do I get that snazzy badge for #TheWeeklyPostcard?
- We know, it’s cool! And it’s easy: Just copy the badge html code (from the gray box on the page where you add your link) into your editing program. You can add it to the bottom of your page or in a sidebar.
- Uhm, that code thing isn’t working for me.
- No worries. If you have issues adding the code, add the badge as a picture and include text saying that you have linked up with #TheWeeklyPostcard, along with a link back to one of the co-host’s blogs.
- Do I have to add the badge?
- You want people to know you’re part of the cool crowd, right? The badge helps get the word out and identify community members. Having the badge on your sight lets readers know you’re part of an established, respected community of travel experts. Plus, posts without a badge will be removed.
- When can I add my post?
- #TheWeeklyPostcard opens each Friday at 12n Pacific / 3pm Eastern, and closes on Sunday at 3pm Pacific / 6pm Eastern.
- Anything else?
- You can help spread the word by using the hashtag (#TheWeeklyPostcard) in your tweets. We will like and re-tweet your Tweets when we see the hashtag, and encourage everyone to do the same.
- Be sure to include a nice, tall portrait-orientation Pin so everyone can add you to their Pinterest boards! Here at TravelLatte, we’ll use that to add you to our board for #TheWeeklyPostcard, and may feature you on next week’s roundup!
- When you do make a Pin for your post, be sure to give it a name that includes the post title, blog name, and keywords. That will help your Pin (and post) travel farther.
- Not up with the Pinterest? No worries, but do try to include at least one portrait orientation image that people can use if they’d like to Pin your post.
- Be sure your posts have your Social Media channels, so readers can find and follow you right from The Weekly Postcard linkup!
If you have a favorite from last week – or even this week – be sure to share it on Social Media, and let us know in the comments.
See The Weekly Postcard on Pinterest!
If you have a favorite from last week – or this week – be sure to share it on Social Media, and let us know in the comments.
How Does It Work?
There’s a new batch of blogs ready for reading every Friday afternoon. You can find them on TravelLatte, and at our co-hosts: Travel Notes and Beyond, Toddlers on Tour, Two Traveling Texans, and California Globetrotter.
Each one of us will have links to all of that week’s featured blogs. Find a few that look interesting, and click to read – it’s really that simple! Don’t forget to leave a comment – bloggers love comments, and that’s how we build a community of like-minded travel lovers! Feel free to share with your friends on Social Media, too. You can Pin, Tweet, or share on Facebook right from the thumbnails, or from each post you click on. I know all of the bloggers truly appreciate it when you read and share.
What if I have a blog, too?
Then join the fun! Participating in #TheWeeklyPostcard is a great way to reach new readers, and build your comments and social shares. Plus, you get to know some of your fellow travel bloggers, network, and learn about tons of destinations, travel tips, and more.