Welcome to #TheWeeklyPostcard!
We don’t know about you, but we’ve been busy little bees lately! With the end of summer comes a flurry of travel and housework as we take advantage of the last of the warm weather. It seems to have left us with little time to keep up with all of our favorite travel blogs! If that’s happened to you, too, we have a little recap of our favorites from the last edition of The Weekly Postcard!
Speaking of bees… Just look at all of these Bs! Belgrade, Bucharest, Bordeaux – why, they’re all over Europe! And they are great fuel for your wanderlust. Our own post last week wasn’t about any B in particular, but we did have a Blast at the Plano International Festival, and encourage you to attend similar local festivals near you.
Last Week’s Roundup
- Travel Confession: We have never been to Belgrade. Shame! Shame on us! Sadly, most of what we know about the city comes from CNN coverage of war-torn Serbia. Thankfully, Birgit at Groove is in the Heart gave us a much better view of the city today. Her post sums it up: Belgrade is A Gem Waiting to be Discovered.
- Another area that seems to be a bit of a hidden gem is Romania and, in particular, the capital city of Bucharest. It was nicknamed Little Paris before WW2, but much of the allure is still there. The California Globetrotter takes us on a tour of the beautiful city’s highlights with her Essential 2 Day Guide. By the end, you’ll wish it was longer!
- The last B in the hive this week is beautiful Bordeaux! (Though there were also posts about the Big Island of Hawaii, Brussells, and the Berlin Wall.) World Wide Wendi enjoyed a multi-generational family trip, and put together Citytrip Bordeaux for us. You’ll find things to do, eat, and drink (hint: Wine!) in the region.
See more of The Weekly Postcard on Pinterest!
If you have a favorite from last week – or this week – be sure to share it on Social Media, and let us know in the comments.
Let’s Get this Party Started!
How Does It Work?
There’s a new batch of blogs ready for reading every Friday afternoon. You can find them on TravelLatte, and at our co-hosts: Travel Notes and Beyond, Toddlers on Tour, Two Traveling Texans, and California Globetrotter.
Each one of us will have links to all of that week’s featured blogs. Find a few that look interesting, and click to read – it’s really that simple! Don’t forget to leave a comment – bloggers love comments, and that’s how we build a community of like-minded travel lovers! Feel free to share with your friends on Social Media, too. You can Pin, Tweet, or share on Facebook right from the thumbnails, or from each post you click on. I know all of the bloggers truly appreciate it when you read and share.
What if I have a blog, too?
Then join the fun! Participating in #TheWeeklyPostcard is a great way to reach new readers, and build your comments and social shares. Plus, you get to know some of your fellow travel bloggers, network, and learn about tons of destinations, travel tips, and more.
Housekeeping Rules for Bloggers
- Can I use an older blog post?
- Sure! #TheWeeklyPostcard is a great way to show off a new post, but also to show an older piece some love.
- Does it have to be travel related?
- Well, it is about travel, so yeah. Show off your favorite destination. Teach us how to take a train or save money on airfare. Tell us your favorite travel tips. You get the idea! Posts that are not travel related may be removed.
- Where do I get that snazzy badge for #TheWeeklyPostcard?
- We know, it’s cool! And it’s easy: Just copy the badge html code (from the gray box on the page where you add your link) into your editing program. You can add it to the bottom of your page or in a sidebar.
- Uhm, that code thing isn’t working for me.
- No worries. If you have issues adding the code, add the badge as a picture and include text saying that you have linked up with #TheWeeklyPostcard, along with a link back to one of the co-host’s blogs.
- Do I have to add the badge?
- You want people to know you’re part of the cool crowd, right? The badge helps get the word out and identify community members. Having the badge on your sight lets readers know you’re part of an established, respected community of travel experts. Plus, posts without a badge will be removed.
- When can I add my post?
- #TheWeeklyPostcard opens each Friday at 12n Pacific / 3pm Eastern, and closes on Sunday at 3pm Pacific / 6pm Eastern.
- Anything else?
- You can help spread the word by using the hashtag (#TheWeeklyPostcard) in your tweets. We will like and re-tweet your Tweets when we see the hashtag, and encourage everyone to do the same.
Helpful Hints for Bloggers
- Be sure to include a nice, tall portrait-orientation Pin so everyone can add you to their Pinterest boards! Here at TravelLatte, we’ll use that to add you to our board for #TheWeeklyPostcard, and may feature you on next week’s roundup!
- When you do make a Pin for your post, be sure to give it a name that includes the post title, blog name, and keywords. That will help your Pin (and post) travel farther.
- Not up with the Pinterest? No worries, but do try to include at least one portrait orientation image that people can use if they’d like to Pin your post.
- Be sure your posts have your Social Media channels, so readers can find and follow you right from The Weekly Postcard linkup!