Welcome to #TheWeeklyPostcard!
Just like the postman once delivered updates from friends and family traveling around the world, we’re delivering weekly posts from travel bloggers all over the globe! Hosted by TravelLatte and our friends Travel Notes & Beyond, Two Traveling Texans, and the California Globetrotter.
A Brief Introduction
Welcome to a brand new year! All around the Travel Blog-iverse, people are recapping their 2017s, announcing plans for their 2018s, and putting their New Year’s Resolutions out there for everyone to see. (Us included!)
We decided that’s probably not a bad idea. Experts at motivation, organization, and achievement say it’s critical that we are held accountable for our goals. If you keep a resolution to yourself, you are the only one who will remind you to do it, and celebrate when you do. You’ll go much further by letting your friends and family – or the entire internet! – in on your hopes, dreams, and goals for the coming year.
I’m sure we speak for all of The Weekly Postcard hosts in saying that one of our goals is growing The Weekly Postcard! We love the collection of travel bloggers that join us every week. Their passion and commitment is inspirational, and their travel stories are awesome! We have many more who come and go through the year. That’s fine, but we really like hearing from them and hope they’ll join more often. Then there’s a big group who haven’t shared their stories on our platform. Along with our fellow hosts, we will work this year to bring more of them to you, dear reader.
We hope you’ll make a resolution on our behalf, as well. We really appreciate it when you read the blogs each week, and we really encourage you to share those stories. Send a tweet, leave a comment, Pin that Pinterest picture! Your support means the world to all of the bloggers who participate. Support your favorites, and you’ll see more like them join. And that’s our goal for The Weekly Postcard this year – to have more bloggers bringing you more stories that you’ll fall in love with.
Speaking of favorites, a few of ours from the tail end of 2017 are just below, followed by the first batch of posts for 2018! You can also catch up with The Weekly Postcard on Pinterest by looking through the board below, or going here. Enjoy, and Happy New Year!
A Few of our Faves
- We have a (not so) secret love affair with charming English cottages, parks, and countrysides. MichWanderlust gave us something new to crush on with her post, Stepping Back in Time at Quarry Bank, an adorable spot in Cheshire.
- Meanwhile, The Voyageer took us south of the border. The last post in her series from Guanajuato, Mexico, has us literally ready to book a room! Check out Where to Stay, Eat, and Drink in Guanajuato, and you’ll be ready to join us!
- Our co-host Lorelei, the California Globetrotter has a serious case of wanderlust. Honestly, we would worry for her… if only her posts and pictures weren’t so amazing! Take a look at her recap of 2017 in 65 Pictures. Wowzers! We can’t pick just one favorite, but we really like this one:
- And finally, our post last week was about looking ahead, and making a travel resolutions that go beyond, “This year I will travel more!” It’s not just where we want to go, but how we want to travel. We’re hope you’ll join us in these 5 New Year’s Resolutions for Travelers
If you have a favorite from last week – or even this week – be sure to share it on Social Media, and let us know in the comments.
Let’s Get this Party Started!
See The Weekly Postcard on Pinterest!
If you have a favorite from last week – or this week – be sure to share it on Social Media, and let us know in the comments.
How Does It Work?
There’s a new batch of blogs ready for reading every Friday afternoon. You can find them on TravelLatte, and at our co-hosts: Travel Notes and Beyond, Toddlers on Tour, Two Traveling Texans, and California Globetrotter.
Each one of us will have links to all of that week’s featured blogs. Find a few that look interesting, and click to read – it’s really that simple! Don’t forget to leave a comment – bloggers love comments, and that’s how we build a community of like-minded travel lovers! Feel free to share with your friends on Social Media, too. You can Pin, Tweet, or share on Facebook right from the thumbnails, or from each post you click on. I know all of the bloggers truly appreciate it when you read and share.
What if I have a blog, too?
Then join the fun! Participating in #TheWeeklyPostcard is a great way to reach new readers, and build your comments and social shares. Plus, you get to know some of your fellow travel bloggers, network, and learn about tons of destinations, travel tips, and more.
Housekeeping Rules for Bloggers
- Can I use an older blog post?
- Sure! #TheWeeklyPostcard is a great way to show off a new post, but also to show an older piece some love.
- Does it have to be travel related?
- Well, it is about travel, so yeah. Show off your favorite destination. Teach us how to take a train or save money on airfare. Tell us your favorite travel tips. You get the idea! Posts that are not travel related may be removed.
- Where do I get that snazzy badge for #TheWeeklyPostcard?
- We know, it’s cool! And it’s easy: Just copy the badge html code (from the gray box on the page where you add your link) into your editing program. You can add it to the bottom of your page or in a sidebar.
- Uhm, that code thing isn’t working for me.
- No worries. If you have issues adding the code, add the badge as a picture and include text saying that you have linked up with #TheWeeklyPostcard, along with a link back to one of the co-host’s blogs.
- Do I have to add the badge?
- You want people to know you’re part of the cool crowd, right? The badge helps get the word out and identify community members. Having the badge on your sight lets readers know you’re part of an established, respected community of travel experts. Plus, posts without a badge will be removed.
- When can I add my post?
- #TheWeeklyPostcard opens each Friday at 12n Pacific / 3pm Eastern, and closes on Sunday at 3pm Pacific / 6pm Eastern.
- Anything else?
- You can help spread the word by using the hashtag (#TheWeeklyPostcard) in your tweets. We will like and re-tweet your Tweets when we see the hashtag, and encourage everyone to do the same.
Helpful Hints for Bloggers
- Be sure to include a nice, tall portrait-orientation Pin so everyone can add you to their Pinterest boards! Here at TravelLatte, we’ll use that to add you to our board for #TheWeeklyPostcard, and may feature you on next week’s roundup!
- When you do make a Pin for your post, be sure to give it a name that includes the post title, blog name, and keywords. That will help your Pin (and post) travel farther.
- Not up with the Pinterest? No worries, but do try to include at least one portrait orientation image that people can use if they’d like to Pin your post.
- Be sure your posts have your Social Media channels, so readers can find and follow you right from The Weekly Postcard linkup!