#Travel140 #TravelTip: Get an automotive checkup before starting your road trip…because breakdowns are no fun!s and family.
All across America – and around the globe – the Road Trips are a time honored vacation tradition. Make sure yours doesn’t end like a horror movie with a roadside breakdown on a deserted highway with no place to hide from the zombies! (Or from shady mechanics with dollar signs in their eyes.) Before you hit the road, get the family wheels a vehicular check-up, whether you do it yourself or visit your local auto shop.
If you do it yourself, be sure to check…
- Windshield Wipers
- Tire Pressure (don’t forget the spare tire!)
- Tire Condition (aka: the Penny Test, and again with the spare tire!)
- Fluids (radiator, brakes, transmission, anti-freeze)
- Lights (headlights, tail lights, brake lights)
- Air Filters (just like the oil change guys keep asking)
- Emergency Kit (jumper cables, flares/reflectors, first aid kit)
It’s worth checking the condition of your oil as well, or taking your car in for an oil change about a week before you leave. Don’t take it in just a day or two before you go; though rare, things have been known to go wrong within a few days of an oil change or other routine maintenance.
Do you have something to add to the list? Let us know in the comments, and then have a great Road Trip!
Can’t get enough travel tips? Here’s more #Travel140!