Welcome to #TheWeeklyPostcard!
We are going out on a limb here and guessing that you love to travel, just like we do. For us, the next best thing is reading about travel! We get inspiration for trips, discover new destinations, and learn all sorts of great tips from travel bloggers all around the world. That’s why we are excited to co-host #TheWeeklyPostcard, a “Link Up” that’s all about travel featuring some of the best bloggers on the planet!
If you’re new to blog link-ups, or want more info about participating with your blog, scroll towards the bottom for details. But first, we wanted to share our post from last week, and a few or our favorites, in case you missed them!
- When we were in Cancun, we just couldn’t resist sailing on a catamaran to visit Isla Mujeres and do some snorkeling. Despite some misses, we had a great time Sailing on a Gypsy Breeze!
- We really enjoy visiting caves, and have been to many in the USA. Since we’re starting to plan an Australia trip, we were happy to see Travel Tips 4 Trips’ post on the Crystal Cave and Yanchep National Park in Perth! Would you call that going down under Down Under? (#BadPun!)
- Chicago is one of our favorite American cities, but we’ve never seen it like Campfires & Concierges did on their Chicago Detours Architecture Tour! Check out the impressive sights from this impressive city.
- Don’t you love traveling with little perks like TSA PREcheck and Global Entry? If you frequent the UK, Two Traveling Texans has a tip for you: UK Registered Traveller. Trust us, you want this status.
If you have a favorite from last week – or even this week – be sure to share it on Social Media, and let us know in the comments.
Let’s Get this Party Started!
How Doess It Work?
There’s a new batch of blogs ready for reading every Friday afternoon. You can find them on TravelLatte, and at our co-hosts: Travel Notes and Beyond, Toddlers on Tour, Two Traveling Texans, and California Globetrotter.
Each one of us will have links to all of that week’s featured blogs. Find a few that look interesting, and click to read – it’s really that simple! Don’t forget to leave a comment – bloggers love comments, and that’s how we build a community of like-minded travel lovers! Feel free to share with your friends on Social Media, too. You can Pin, Tweet, or share on Facebook right from the thumbnails, or from each post you click on. I know all of the bloggers truly appreciate it when you read and share.
What if I have a blog, too?
Then join the fun! Participating in #TheWeeklyPostcard is a great way to reach new readers, and build your comments and social shares. Plus, you get to know some of your fellow travel bloggers, network, and learn about tons of destinations, travel tips, and more.
Housekeeping Rules for Bloggers
- Can I use an older blog post?
- Sure! #TheWeeklyPostcard is a great way to show off a new post, but also to show an older piece some love.
- Does it have to be travel related?
- Well, it is about travel, so yeah. Show off your favorite destination. Teach us how to take a train or save money on airfare. Tell us your favorite travel tips. You get the idea! Posts that are not travel related may be removed.
- Where do I get that snazzy badge for #TheWeeklyPostcard?
- We know, it’s cool! And it’s easy: Just copy the badge html code (from the gray box on the page where you add your link) into your editing program. You can add it to the bottom of your page or in a sidebar.
- Uhm, that code thing isn’t working for me.
- No worries. If you have issues adding the code, add the badge as a picture and then include text saying that you have linked your post up with #TheWeeklyPostcard, along with a link back to one of the co-host’s blogs.
- Do I have to add the badge?
- You want people to know you’re part of the cool crowd, right? The badge helps get the word out and identify community members. Having the badge on your sight lets readers know you’re part of an established, respected community of travel experts. Plus, posts without a badge will be removed.
- When can I add my post?
- #TheWeeklyPostcard opens each Friday at 12 noon Pacific / 3pm Eastern, and closes on Sunday at 3pm Pacific / 6pm Eastern.
- When can I comment?
- Whenever you’d like! #TheWeeklyPostcard works best when you comment and share on posts before the next link-up opens. That gives you up to a week, but feel free to add comments and Tweet your favorites anytime. We do ask that you comment on at least three other blogs.
- Anything else?
- You can help spread the word about #TheWeeklyPostcard by tweeting when you share a post, using the hashtag #TheWeeklyPostcard! We will like and re-tweet your Tweets when we see the hashtag, and encourage everyone to do the same.